An andrologist is a physician that specializes in the male reproductive system. Andrology is a part of urology aimed at diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the male reproductive system, restoration and maintenance of male fertility.
When to see an andrologist
Men with such problems visit an andrologist:
● erectile dysfunction;
● premature ejaculation;
● decreased libido;
● abnormalities of the structure of genital organs;
● inflammatory diseases of the genital system;
● contraceptive selection;
● gender change.
The following symptoms may be the reason to see an andrologist:
● any difficulties with sexual intercourse;
● pain in the perineum and small pelvis;
● secretions from the genital tract;
● discomfort during urination;
● neoplasms in the area of genital organs;
Visit to an andrologist
Any man without prior preparation can make an appointment with an andrologist. The initial consultation is made according to the following scheme:
● A conversation with a physician, during which the doctor collects a detailed anamnesis, asking about sexual health and general health. The andrologist will carefully listen to the complaints and find out the details that will make it possible to draw up a detailed plan of further actions.
● Examination of external genital organs.
● Digital rectal examination of the prostate.
● Drawing up a plan for further examination (ultrasound, laboratory diagnostics, etc.).
● Diagnostics and treatment of andrological diseases.
After a thorough exam, which includes determining the hormonal status, searching for infections, examining the condition of the genitals and their functions, the doctor prescribes treatment. In cases where no abnormalities are found, the andrologist gives recommendations on disease prevention and reproductive health support.
Treatment in andrology can be conservative, surgical or combined.
Andrologist’s consultation at the "Mother and Child" medical center
In the "Mother and Child" clinic, highly qualified andrologists with extensive clinical experience carry out admission. They use modern methods of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the male reproductive sphere, have at their disposal the material and technical base necessary for this, as well as the opportunity to work in cooperation with related specialists (endocrinologist, surgeon). Due to this, the andrological diseases treatment in the "Mother and Child" medical center is highly effective, and andrologists are well-deserved recognition.